Sunday, October 24, 2010

Today I saw "The Social Network", and I have to say that I enjoyed the film. The story line was very interesting, being it's [unfortunately] a large part of my day-to-day routine. I was kind of disappointed that the 'founder' of Facebook essentially Bill Gates'd the idea from other people who were looking to include him on their project in the first place; according to the film. I didn't know anything about how Facebook started prior to this, aside of it being exclusive to college students at the beginning. And this movie was based on a true story, and everyone knows that the word "based" is used very loosely. But according to Mark Zuckerberg's Wikipedia page, there was a lawsuit involving the Winklevoss twins [played by the same actor in the movie who had an unusually deep voice for a white man] and he went to Harvard. The Wikipedia page said nothing of Justin Timberlake's character who was a d-bag... or of Eduardo, who was cool.
After reading bits and pieces of Zuckerberg's Wikipedia page, [which is always 100% accurate, duh] it doesn't seem that he's as much of a jerk as the movie portrayed. He donated I think 100million dollars to the Newark New Jersey school systems, which is pretty awesome, and he seemingly has a good sense of humor being he played himself in a Simpsons episode.

I'd give this movie a 7/10. It was very good, but I don't think I like how the movie was structured with the flashbacks and flash forwards to the court cases. That made the movie a little bit harder to follow than it should have been.
Plus, the movie served as a FANTASTIC 2 hour commercial. When I got home I was in the mood to do two things: blog, and check my Facebook. Which I would say makes the movie a great success!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Today I found out that We're goin [goin] back [back] to Cali [Cali]! Jesse let me know that the day after Christmas, we're all headed to San Diego for our Christmas gifts to each other. I cannot wait to go to California with my love again! It's going to be especially fun because I haven't been to San Diego before, I'm old enough to drink, and Disneyland in Anaheim has a Nightmare Before Christmas festival until the beginning of January! It's going to be so great! I loved Cali last time, and I can't wait to go again!!! This means I'm going to have to start saving my money HARDCORE. I've been looking to take care of Christmas gifts lately so that won't be an issue.

0 comments: