Sunday, August 23, 2009

Coney Island.

So, Jesse and I went to the New York Aquarium at Coney Island yesterday. It was a ridiculously small aquarium, with a bunch of loserkids, but it was really fun and supercool. We got to see a show with a sea lion named Osbourne... and Osbourne was one funny sea lion. :)

Then, we wandered around Coney Island for a few minutes; I took photos of the murals and the Sideshow by the Seashore building before it gets knocked down. We proceeded to Nathans, and then went to Jesse's aunt and uncle's house.

FROM THERE. We made great haste in getting onto the subway, and paid a mere $2.50 to get into Manhattan- (From Long Island, it's $18ish.) then we walked over to McSorley's Ale House. Which is one of the oldest- and is the longest run ale house in Manhattan. We had 3 rounds of 8 beers... I only drank 3 though, and we had some chili and awesome-yet-simple cheese and crackers. This was near Cooper Union and Cooper Square-- by NYU.

From THEREE, we walked to Pommes Frittes- a french fry place around the corner. They serve french fries in a cone with a dipping sauce of your choice. I chose dill-lemon. Jesse had Parmesan, Aunt Lauren had Mango Chutney, and I have no clue what Uncle Bryan had. So far so good... beer and potatoes +10 for being Irish.

THEN. We walked to Union Square, and went to The Donut Pub. Which is obviously a donut place. We walked back to the subway with the box of 13 'death row donuts' (because they will meet their demise at our tastebuds), and went back into Brooklyn.

Ate donuts, and left. And now it's today.

On Friday, Jesse got his Macbook White. He loves it! :) I'm glad he got to get it before his Dell completely shat the bed. But now my computer's acting gay and will probably need to be replaced in the near/immdiate future. So when I get my student loan next month, I will be buying myself a Macbook, as well. I don't want to get another PC ever ever ever, because all of a sudden I was hit with insane amounts of popups that won't go away under any circumstance.

So, now I'm backing up my music and stuff, readying myself for the end of my PC's life, because I have a feeling it'll be soon.. that way I can do a nice and easy transfer onto my future Macbook. :)

0 comments: