Sunday, August 2, 2009

We Blew Out of this Town

So, Jesse, Erik, and I are headed west this week. Jesse and I are leaving on Wednesday afternoon, the moment I get out of work, and Erik's meeting us there on Thursday.

Jesse and Erik will be playing a show with Del Mar, featuring Bud Gaugh of SUBLIME, on Thursday night, and then we're headed straight to LA. :)

So I figured I won't have much time to blog (heh... this sentence is so lame) until I get back from the wild,wild west... so I'll do it now, while I have the time.

Last night, Hazmat Bay played at Mc. Z's Pub, which is a nice little bar. I thought they played well.. they did two sets with a half hour intermission in between. It was fun, Megan came with us and it was cool to hang out with Megan and Kim. :)

On Wednesday, Hazmat Bay played at Ollie's Point, and opened up for "Soul To Squeeze" a RHCP tribute, that was sub-par. But the bar was beautiful, and was all about reggae music, which I enjoyed infinitely. That was the first time I was in the bar since it was Molly Bloom's II : a good old shit hole. I was very excited about how it came out, and the owner is terribly awesome. They played after Maui Waui and the Good Vibrations, which was a very fun band. I enjoyed their performance. They go well with Hazmat Bay. Both bands were incredibly energetic, and it was a lot of fun. Moon came down with Sean and her cousin Dean, which was awesome, I really appreciated her coming down and showing support :D. HMB played an intense cover of Santeria (by SUBLIME) where Geoff took the lead on trumpet. It was awesome to hear the crowd scream the words to the Geoff. A very, very good show :)

So now, I am going to start packing and charging batteries and get ready for my superlong flight to San Jose, CA. WEST COAST: I'm coming for you! (And totally not excited about the fact that the day I'll be over jetlag will be the day I come home, and have to get used to it again in NY)

PEACE.

0 comments: