Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let's go Jets!

Today's game determines if the Jets enter the Superbowl (it's a big deal because they're the Mets/Islanders of football)! They'll be against the Indianapolis Colts... I HOPE THEY WIN!
Yes, my team of choice is the Pittsburgh Steelers; but they're not in the runnings anymore.... so being a NEWYORKER (insert obnoxious accent here) I (along with the state of New York) will be rooting for our Jets! :)


Tuesday starts a new semester... and judging by my textbooks: I won't have time for blogging anytime soon. My Art History class required not one or two books or the astounding four... but 12 textbooks. I'm starting to try to get ahead on the readings, because APPARENTLY I have a lot of work to do this semester just for this one class.

The other classes aren't so bad. My evolution class required one textbook, and I'm taking two African Literature classes so that's what all those small novels on the right hand side are for. Those are easy, though.  If I had to, I could read one or two of those over a weekend. No sweat. I'm just worried about the stupid art class that required 12 textbooks and ate all of my money.

Yeah, textbooks are expensive.... that lovely shelf of books ran me $600+. For one semester. WHOO.

Anyways, Jesse's band (HAZMATBAY) may be touring come March or April; So to make sure that I can visit him every weekend (not weekdays because I'm in school) I'm trying to get a little bit ahead on my art readings, because I know those are the ones that are going to be the pain in the ass. So far I have Tuesday night's homework done... so on Tuesday I plan to get Thursday night's homework done... and next weekend I plan to get ahead as much as possible so that come March-April, I'll be able to go for the weekends and visit Jesse on tour.
Hazmat officially moves into their studio this Wednesday, which is exciting. There's a dog at the studio, the owners dog, named Phil/Fil. (I'm not sure of the spelling, but Fil is a possibility because the studio owner is in the music industry and may have named his dog after The Fillmore venue. Just speculating... I don't know that) And Jesse's already 80% moved in, so we'll be able to chill as the rest of the band moves in. I also laid out the beautiful blankets I bought for the girls. The embroidery came out great. And I'm sure they'll be useful because that room gets cold when the other people using other studio rooms leaves the door to outside open. (We're the room adjacent to the outside door... it may get drafty)


45 days until I get to go with Jesse and meet my bff & her brother in VEGAS for 311 Day!! :) I'm so excited!!! :D I'm currently in the process of saving for the trip. It's going to be so much fun!! <3 The only thing we have planned for definite is a trip to the aquarium to see the overhead shark tank of awesomeness. Oh, and the 311 concert... which I thought was a given.

Sublime got their name back. Finally, and legally! So they probably plan on going on tour sooooon, which is great because they deserve it after 15 or so years of not being able to play. They reserved their Myspace pages, and Facebook pages as Sublime with Rome, because that's what they'll be calling themselves. I thought it was nice that they are continuing to list Bradley Nowell as a member in addition to calling themselves Sublime with Rome, as they're honoring the death of their friend and former band mate. It's exciting. Also, with this name they'll also be able to take proceeds of their merch/tour money and put it towards the rumored "Bradley's House" : a rehab facility for teenagers. :)

0 comments: