Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And now for the Victor...

Due to it's amazing gadgets, I have decided to overlook the fact that the last time I tried posting a video and then text, it didn't work.


The victor is... Blogspot.

Tumblr put up a good fight, with it's flashy dashboard and cool pre-set themes. But I have no need for most of the stuff on Tumblr, as I have a Flickr gadget, and tons of history with blogspot.

Tumblr also has an iPhone/iPod touch app, which is great for those who blog-on-the-go. But I don't... I barely blog at all.
I do like that you can password protect your blog on Tumblr, but I have no need to do so.

I would 100% suggest Tumblr to musicians, as it has a feature where you may upload audio, and video with superduper ease.
But you cannot add authors to your first blog, on Tumblr. And it seems harder to customize the header to the blog, whereas blogspot makes it eeeeeeassssyyyyyy. :)

I personally like Blogspot better, thanks to my history with it, and the great ease to read the blogs I follow.
But for new bloggers who do not know what the hell to do, and need "IN YOUR FACE" buttons and instructions- Tumblr is great. Much easier to use.
Also, again, musicians- you can upload sound and video to Tumblr.

If I didn't have any history with Blogspot, and had to choose between the two, I would've probably gone for Tumblr. It's easy, aesthetically pleasing, has a bunch more options...

But I do, so screw you Tumblr! :P

0 comments: