Monday, December 14, 2009

Hadn't thought about that one...

So, last night, (this sounds familiar) was the SECOND night of KROQ Radio's Almost Acoustic Christmas. Featuring 311, Slightly Stoopid, Muse, etc,etc,blahblahblah.

I only found out 20 seconds ago that there was a live webcast of both nights of the show via Facebook application. BUMMER. I could've been watching both of them. :(



But anywho, last night was also 311's last show of the decade. Which is really weird because this year officially concludes my first full decade of 311 fandom. 

Now, a decade, really isn't that long. I know. But I'm 20. A decade is half my life. And I proudly spent half of my life listening to 311, pouring money into their merch, and (the latter part of the decade) going to their wonderful shows.

I would like to thank Moon for introducing me to my favorite band, 311, and I would like to thank Dave for having intoduced it to Amanda... in fifth grade... when we were ten.

As I'm going on thanking for 311 happenings, I'm also going to thank my boyfriend, Jesse for proposing we go to THIS 311Day in Las Vegas with Moon, and Dave. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and thank him for taking me to the couple of 311 shows we've been to and getting us to the veryvery front. And, thanks for telling Moon and Dave about the second selling of 311Day tickets so that they were able to participate in the upcoming 311Day.

I'm thankful for all that is 311.
But, now that I've realized that this is more or less the conclusion of my first decade of 311, I want to get my tattoo (3 plumeria, 1 hibiscus, 1 bird of paradise = 311) with urgency to start off the next decade of 311 with a kick! :D
(As month 3, we will all be in Vegas partying on account of their holiday. And I will be ditching my dad's birthday... which is really lucky that he's only gonna be 49 and I'm not missing his 50th to go to a 311 show.)

So, now I have to get ready for stinky stupid work.... And not more sleepytimes. Catch ya later.

0 comments: