Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New.



Recently I haven't had time to come on here, so here's the latest.

Last week I went to see Up with Jesse and Moon. The beginning was mundo depressing (but then again, it's Disney) but after that it was incredible. We saw it in 3D which was fun, and I think that Moon and I enjoyed it more than the kids in the movie theater did. The two of us laughed hysterically at a recurring circumstance in the movie, where the kids in the theater didn't seem to think it was as funny as we had thought. Overall it was a very enjoyable movie. So if I were to rate it, I'd give it a solid 7/10 just because the beginning was so depressing it was hard to continue to watch the movie.

Yesterday I had my Stony Brook University orientation. It went fairly well; I had taken my math placement exam and placed very poorly, so I will have to re-take that before the semester starts. I made my class schedule and it looks overwhelming, but hey, what's a university if you're not overwhelmed? The campus is beautiful, and the advisors are nice and they have a clue of what they're talking about, unlike Suffolk Community. Yesterday I also made my last trip to Suffolk Community to send over my latest transcripts to Stony Brook. Needless to say, I wanted to walk out of there with my middle fingers held up high.

So other than that, Jesse and Hazmat Bay found a new drummer, Rob. They have a show at the Mooselodge on Friday, then their release party is on Tuesday for their new CD "The Red Tide". I haven't heard the whole thing yet, but so far it sounds spectacular. And I'm not just saying that because Jesse's my boyfriend and it's his band... I'm saying it because I mean it. For realz. Then after that, they have another show at Traxx in Ronkonkoma in July, and at Spoon in August. And after that, Jesse and I are going to see Blink-182, Weezer, and Taking Back Sunday! <-I listed those in order of importance, not appearance.

Um other than that nothing is really going on. Except for the fact that next Saturday is my best friend's moving away forever and ever party. :[ I'm gonna miss her. She's been my BFFF for 10, almost 11 years. And now she's going ALLL the way down to North Carolina. Instead of me traveling 3 blocks, I'll have to travel like... a million. Not good, not good.

Well, I've got to get to work.

0 comments: