Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feathers are ruffled.

Last night, SUBLIME "re-united"... which is pretty much an impossible task being that Bradley's kinda sorta dead. Brad was replaced by this Rome fellow, and Bud and Eric are going on as if Brad comes at a dime a dozen. SUBLIME isn't SUBLIME without Bradley-- he was the creative mastermind behind the band, it's his lyrics, and mostly his songs. He was SUBLIME. I think what ruffles my feathers even more is that Bud Gaugh (drummer) had even admitted it in an interview with Randomville on July 1, 2008:

"BG: It would be “selfish” to move on & keep trekking like Brad is easily replaceable. Additionally, we’re respecting his wishes by not looking for a fill-in. Sublime was Brad, Eric, and myself, not Eric, me, and Joe-fucking-blow. After all, is it really Queen without Freddy Mercury? C’mon. "


But I guess the royalty checks stopped coming in, and they REALLY needed to replace Brad without replacing the band name, too.

Don't get me wrong: Rome does a good job with Bud and Eric... but he's not Brad, and they're not SUBLIME.

0 comments: